Friday 16 March 2012

RCC Challenge: My Teaser

Here is my entry for the Don't Be Such a Tease Challenge (find the challenge here). I'm being a bad girl again, since I'm reading a non review book (I try to alternate between owned and review books to avoid burn outs). But I will start Sisters of Glass in a few days, so I thought I would share the first chapter of the book, to give you a taste! It's all written in this kind of poetry style. Click on the cover to find out more about the book.


Second Daughter

    I feel Giovanna's fire
as Mother prepares me for suitors, polishes me
while Giovanna polishes glass.
    Though I am the younger daughter
and rightfully should not marry
into Venetian nobility,
my father declared
the day I was born,
the week he invented cristallo,
that I was his
baby of good fortune,
and good fortune would be mine.


It sounds like a really interesting book, definitely something I haven't read before. I'm looking forward to read your teasers!

10 comments:

Vicky @ Books, Biscuits & Tea said...

Sounds interesting! And what a great cover, I love the colours!

Rebecca (Kindle Fever) said...

Ohh, I like it! I'm definitely intrigued. o: I haven't read anything written poetry style. Hope you like it!

Hannah said...

Such a pretty cover!

Becca @ Lost in Thought said...

I read this quote and instantly went to check it out on goodreads! And what a pretty cover :)

http://lostinthought-becca.blogspot.com/2012/03/review-copy-cleanup-challenge-3-dont-be.html

Pragya said...

Ah, poetry style, this looks interesting!

Find my Teaser here - http://wp.me/p21FJY-uH

Megan Reti said...

Hmm, this is a very interesting style. Is it written this way throughout? Here's mine: Don't Be Such a Teaser @ Megan Likes Books

Celine said...

Yeah, the whole book is like this (:

Celine said...

Me too! It would look awesome on my shelf

Celine said...

Me neither xD. I finished it yesterday, it actually was a nice read. A little short for my taste though

Ellie Warren said...

Pretty cover but I don't think I could read a whole book written in that style.

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!
Make sure to come back as I try to answer all of the comments (: