Wednesday 9 March 2011

Movie Adaptation: The Strangers Outside (Guest Post & Pictures)

Today I'd like to introduce to you Vanessa Morgan, whose short story "The Strangers Outside" is being turned into a film production. Here's Vanessa with more info and some pictures!

My short story The Strangers Outside has been used as the basis for a horror movie. It’s still waiting for the official release date, but the first images of the movie are starting to show up here and there. They have even been integrated in the music video of Alex Corbi’s latest track Avalon. As I thought you might be interested in knowing more about this movie adaptation, I decided to show you this music video and a few pictures of the movie set that haven’t been shown elsewhere. Enjoy!



In The Strangers Outside, a family returns to their remote holiday cottage in the woods. Soon after their arrival, they will come face to face with THE STRANGERS OUTSIDE. Here’s what these creepy strangers look like.

And here’s one of the costumes of the strangers.


Most of the scenes of The Strangers Outside were filmed in a small backwoods village in Belgium called Sint-Katelijne-Waver. It has everything a horror movie needs: thick woods, marshland, eerie statues and abandoned military bunkers. It’s a really weird place.


In case of a blackout, the few people that actually live in those woods have to go inside those military bunkers because that’s where all the fuses are. Creepy.


I managed to get my cat Avalon a part in the movie adaptation of The Strangers Outside (he doesn’t originally appear in the short story). Did you know that he’s also the star in a weekly online cat cartoon at http://avalon-lion.blogspot.com? Here’s a picture of Avalon on the movie set.


More pictures of the movie set and the filming locations can be found at my blog http://vanessa-morgan.blogspot.com.

And if you haven’t read my short story The Strangers Outside just yet, do so
now. It’s only $0.99 on Amazon.com.

2 comments:

Small Review said...

Creepy! They look like the ringwraiths in The Lord of the Rings movies.

Celine said...

Lol, hadn't noticed that yet. Indeed they do! If someone dressed like a ringwraith would turn up on my doorstep I would be pretty freaked out..

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!
Make sure to come back as I try to answer all of the comments (: